Sunday 6 July 2014

Spain

Group B - SPAIN

What is it?
Churros, hot chocolate, una magdalena.

How was it?
This was very sweet. The churros and magdalena were so sweet that the hot chocolate had a savoury feel to it when I came to drink it. The churros had a chewy crunch to them which was satisfying, and contrasted with soft sponginess of the magdalena, which had a lemony hint to it that set it off nicely. 

NB - I removed the ridiculous amount of icing that was on the cupcake I bought to play the role of magdalena. I was served the churros with some dulce de leche to dip them in.

Overall thoughts:

I am told that this type of breakfast is considered to be something of treat, which for the sake of Spanish diets everywhere is just as well. This was a sugar fest, the kind of breakfast that 7 year olds dream about. There was a good variety to the types of sweetness though, which made it interesting, but I couldn’t help feeling a little guilty that this was actually my breakfast at 9am.

If it was a Spanish footballer?

As sweet a player as Diego Corbalán Muñiz.



No comments:

Post a Comment