Friday 20 June 2014

Brazil

Group A - BRAZIL


What was it?

Papaya, coffee, cheese roll, and grilled cheese baguette

How was it?

There was a wonderful contrast between the soft and sweet scented papaya, and the crunchy saltiness of the grilled cheese baguette. The cheese roll added further textures, with a crisp outside giving way to chewy interior. Very stodgy and also salty, but the moistness of the papaya balanced things out.

NB. I had planned to make my own pao de quiejo but was unable to find any tapioca or cassava flour in Bexhill. The bakery-bought cheese scone sounded like it would be the best thing to emulate the flavours and textures of the Brazillian food, and made things a lot easier for me too :-)

Overall thoughts.

Relatively simple to prepare, this breakfast offered a nice simple balance of flavours and textures, feeling substantial enough to kick off the day. A pleasing opener for the hosts.

If it was a Brazilian footballer?

Seemingly plain yet secretly subtle defender Thiago Silva.


1 comment:

  1. Oh Macca, I have a pao de quiejo packet mix in my cupboard! Seriously! I'm making you some cheese balls...

    ReplyDelete