Thursday 26 June 2014

Russia

Group H - RUSSIA

What is it?

Porridge in a bowl, rye bread and sliced sausage on a plate

How was it?

I added a little brown sugar to the porridge which gave it a little spark of sweetness. The texture of the porridge contrasted well against the rye bread and sausage. The rye bread was wonderfully crumbly within the mouth, and had a mealy texture and saltiness that made it the equal of the sausage, rather than just a vehicle for it.

Overall thoughts:

I thought that I would find this a fairly bland stodgefest, but I was surprised to find this a compelling meal. I expected to enjoy the range of textures, but I was caught out by the strong flavor of the rye bread. With some decent synchronisation this meal does not take too much effort, and I feel as though my belly is warm and ready for the rigours of the day.

If it was a Russian footballer?


I could make comparisons with the whole Russian team considering how surprised I was with the slight panache this meal had, but I’ll narrow it down to box-to-box midfielder Denis Glushakov.



No comments:

Post a Comment