Saturday 2 August 2014

Bosnia-Herzegovina

Group F - BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA

What was it?

Pura - polenta cooked in water and milk, served yoghurt on top.

NB - I would have waited for the polenta to cool and solidify a bit more, but I was pushed for time and had to leave to catch my train to work…

How was it?

It tasted like a savoury porridge. The yoghurt made for a nice counterpoint, whilst not really adding much to the overall flavour. It was a fairly simple dish, overall.

Overall thoughts:

There were two ways I could have gone with this. A much more savoury style is adopted, and potato and meat can be cooked into the polenta as well (according to my meticulous research). I thought it would be more interesting to try the less savoury approach, and did enjoy finding out how versatile polenta can be. In general though there wasn’t really enough going on with this dish to satisfy me.

If it was a Bosnian footballer?


We're looking at the defensive defending defender, Emir Spahic.



No comments:

Post a Comment