Saturday 2 August 2014

Colombia

Group C - COLOMBIA

What was it?

Arepas! Little pitta-esque pockets filled with cheese. Dough was made from a mixture of cornmeal and water, then formed into small discs. These were briefly fried to make the outsides slightly crispy, before they were placed in the oven for 20 minutes.

How was it?

This was another breakfast that fell victim to house moving. Whilst I was making the areapas I grew distracted by packing and so accidentally left them in the oven for too long. What were supposed to open up softly like pitta breads became solid and bread-like. I was still able to open them up a wee bit, but the amount of cheese I could get in was minimal.

Overall thoughts:

These could have been delicious, but due to my inefficiency they were a dry stodgy hassle. I’ll have to give them another go when I don’t the pressure of an imminent removal van breathing down my neck, as the potential is there. Unfortunately on this occasion though, I did not enjoy this breakfast much at all.


If it was a Colombian footballer?

Dry and stodgy, like the veteran defender Mario Yepes.



No comments:

Post a Comment