Saturday 2 August 2014

Nigeria

Group F - NIGERIA

What is it?

Yam with red stew and scrambled egg.

How was it?

In Nigeria’s defence, this effort was hampered by the fact that I prepared it in my new flat which was missing several important things (oil, seasoning, salt). I’ve also never used yam before, and so didn’t know a.) how best to cook it, and b.) how much to cook. Still, even allowing for these handicaps, I didn’t particularly enjoy this breakfast. The yam was too bold and starchy and stifled the red stew (basically a tomato sauce). The scrambled egg did not add enough moisture to the dish.

Overall thoughts:

This dish could easily have been much better. I will hold me hands up and say that a large part of my dislike for this meal comes for how I made it. I could quite easily make it again and have a much better time (season the sauce better, make less yam, more scrambled egg etc.). I am not sold on yam as a breakfast ingredient though, at least not when served plain. I will be making a breakfast soon that will use yam differently, so we shall have to see how that goes before I pass judgement on the humble yam.


If it was a Nigerian footballer?

The occasionally clumsy defender, Efe Ambrose.



No comments:

Post a Comment